Shower Product Review
Do you ever wonder what those unpoppable red and white bumps are that appear on your arms and/or legs? This super cute dry skin problem is called Keratosis pilaris, otherwise referred to as chicken skin. When you look down at your appendages your skin will almost look like it has goosebumps from when you are cold all over.
This skin problem is from excessive dryness and affects many people in my family from my sister to my cousins and everyone in between. Each person has their own remedy that has held true during their at-home trial and errors but I personally struggle with most of my families’ daily routine to help treat this issue.
The Doctors have decided that they feel this skin problem can get worse based on the amount of sleep you are getting, your diet, and the stress you are under. Unfortunately all three of those things may be completely manageable, but sometimes your body needs something more realistic than eight hours of sleep.
I had been sad with the last body wash I used and felt like I was starting to break out in actual pimples on my chest and back in addition to my chicken skin on my legs and arms. Exfoliation scared me, but then I saw this beautiful, magnificent product that exfoliates during the moisturizing step after getting out of the shower.
Sidenote: If you ever get the chance to speak to an esthetician, be sure to ask them what their opinion on exfoliation is. Some people swear by it, but in my mind, it can really worsen any irritations that are already present. I have always tried to avoid it until one day while placing a Walmart pick-up order (#notsponsored).
Simple as 1. 2. 3.
Amlactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Even though I had to sacrifice the “Cruelty Free” factor I strive for, my skin needed a prescription and a dermatologist was not in this months budget. Advertised as a leading Keratosis pilaris lotion treatment, I gave this a try knowing I was going to need some additional help with my combination skin issues. My skin was so dry that the active ingredients gave me a little sensation the first time I applied that I have not felt since. This product was advertised as very moisturizing, but because I was not sure if the exfoliating lotion was going to clog my pores I found a purifying soap to pair with it.
- HYDRATE & SMOOTH: Our everyday moisturizer contains clinically proven 12% lactic acid to boost the skin’s natural renewal process through gentle exfoliation. It leaves skin feeling smooth & hydrated.
- SMOOTH & SOFTEN: Our formulas combine a gentle AHA exfoliant with moisturizers to boost the skin’s natural renewal process through gentle exfoliation & deeply moisturize for younger-looking skin.
Repure Tea Tree Mint Body Wash
My pores needed to be rinsed, lathered, and hung out to dry. Aside from my essential oils and an Aveda travel size product, I did not own anything Tea Tree. The truth is, this body wash does not moisturize, but it absolutely helped purify my skin which was all I was hoping for. After using this product for three weeks, I am blemish free but since I did not get that deep moisturization factor I knew my skin thirsted for, I started searching for deep skin conditioner treatments.
- Contains tea tree, mint, cooling peppermint and vitamin E as an antioxidant
- Removes impurities, detoxifies and cleanses skin
- Renpure tea tree mint has natural antibacterial properties
- Contains no sulfates, parabens, dyes, gluten, phthalates or propylene glycol
Kiwi Botanicals Nourishing Body Conditioner
Like a fine wine and cheese, this was the most delectable pairing for my lotion and suds. After rinsing away my body wash, I apply my honey-shea butter cream all over my skin to give it some hydration before applying the lactic acid in my body lotion. This product has blown my mind away with the possibilities of beauty and the care my skin needs. I would have never in my life splurged for a daily body conditioner, but I figured I needed to do something drastically different if I ever wanted to see the drastic results I was looking for.
- Nourishing body conditioner made with sustainably sourced New Zealand manuka honey
- Clean body conditioner with shea butter rinses away dry skin
- Cruelty-free and PETA-approved
- Free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, silicones, gluten, triclosan, formaldehyde and propylene glycol
- A clean beauty experience you can feel good about